Re: [NTLK] A Day In the life of...

From: R A Parker <RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 01:50:00 EDT

On Sunday, July 20, 2009, 7:07AM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

> If you look closely they spell out
> a large "RAP" so I read that as:
>
> RAP @ ...
> RAP @ ...
> RAP @ ...

You are correct!

With a catch-all, it can be AnyThing at EitherThing dot OR .

>> OT but what do the slashes
>> before the @ mean? What are
>> the supposed to be?

And... now here's Centris to tell you what you've won.

But first, I'll attempt to keep this on topic...

I have used, sold, bought new, bought used, resold, bought back, re-used and got used to envying nearly every piece of Apple technology ever created since 1985.

I've owned a Mac SE, a Centris 610, several models of the PowerBook Duo line, and finally my PowerMac G4 and my Newtons. (there's the on-topic plugin). My signatures have evolved since the first RAP I designed, probably in the 3rd grade. See an example of that first RAP design being utilized here:

<http://webpages.charter.net/quadzillanet/gifs/>

I'm now learning how to integrate my latest Apple tech purchase: Claiming it to be my new "iNewt 3G Touch" I'm now one week into my ownership and one thing is certain... it's not going to easily replace my MP2100 for many of the things I do, daily.

Don't get me Wrong... the iPhone is cool and it beat's any WinMo phone ... hands down. But for long, articulate, emails, nothing beats the HWR of my MP2100.

Here's another observation:

Co-workers are looking at me and my iPhone differently than me and my Newton. I'm not really doing anything different. Same kinds of tasks. However, it is viewed as an entertainment device and not a professional (daily) personal digital assistant. One more reason I like my Newton PDA!

And now, Dennis, that prize I promised.. Hint: Set your mail font to mono-spaced, text only and 80 characters wide. Otherwise, you'll miss it.

--
               |\_           PowerMac G4/500 : RC5-72 [4,497,408 keys/s]
              _(/(c__