Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 07:45:27 EDT

No, it is a combination of the Linux based 770 and the Garnet VM. The Garnet
VM only handles organizer stuff, PIM if you will. The internet and document
stuff is handled through the Nokia's Linux system. Still The Garnet VM
handling the PIM stuff is rock solid and syncs smoothly, something I could
never get the Newton to do. You should see the pile of code on my hard drive
where I tried to write an application. For me, the strength and weakness of
the Newton was that it was its own portable computer and OS. It made it
operate great standalone, but syncing was nearly impossible.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Joe Reilly wrote:
<snip>
I'm guessing your not doing all that through your garnet vm are you? (web,
mail, mp3, etc)
<snip>