Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V9 #256

From: Bob Carls Dudney, MD <kosmicdollop_at_saber.net>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 17:39:03 EDT

On 15/6/09, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

>The iPhone is the 21st Century Newton,

    < OK, flamethrowers, here's a target: >

Then take me outa the 21st century.

I'll enjoy my 21st century and you can enjoy yours. Just don't count
me in yours.

I'll never own a deadly* cell phone

         *especially to those near transmitter towers

iPhone is nothing like the all-in-one fabulously integrated,
interlinked database Newtie is, and OS X doesn't come light years
close to NOS in reliability/simplicity/elegance.

It's too small to be useful except as an on-the-go in-a-hurry
out-and-about nice-it's-pocket-size way to carry ones phone list.
(And to Mr. Magoos who can only see within a few inches of their
noses.)

And it don't do HW recog.

YUCK!

It just adds Disney-wow animation/graphics and bloat when those wowy
zowy features are at minimal useful due to size = for people addicted
to media who don't know how to relate to the world around themselves,
especially Nature, and need virtual reality-not to distract their
eyes and ears.

iPhone is just what its name says: an over-the-top fancy/oh-so-cutesy
smart phone.

Newton is THE PDA: Perfectly Portable true Digital Assistant. Yes, it
would be nice lighter (Li-on batteries would be a big help), but not
a smaller screen.

Enjoy!

B C D