Re: [NTLK] NewtPhone

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 11:41:22 EDT

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM, jg <dotline7@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there in any possession any unit of NewtPhone that works? Would it be
> possible to connect it to any landline? I have one but it never worked.
> John

John,

I have one which in currently in the same condition that all NotePhones
likely will end up at. Non-funtional due to the electronics age which cause
the phone to not properly recognize that the hand set was put down (on the
hook as I put it).

I used this for a few days until it stopped working and stayed in the off
hook position.

Check with Frank if he has a solution as I believe he was working on one and
with some degree of success. The issue likely might be the need to replace
some components.

I enjoyed it's use while it worked. One thing to note is that the system
works for some reason after being pulled out from cold storage (fridge) but
as it warms up stops.

This is all that I know.

--
God bless,