Re: [NTLK] Soft Reset Causes Date/Time Reset

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 19:02:56 EST

On 3/2/09 1:26 AM, "Ron Parker" <quadzillanet@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Check the archives for January 2009 for a lengthy overview of why/how you
> should remove it.

Thanks, Ron. I have been wading through lots of posts but I've not found a
conclusive post on the matter yet. The root post I found is here:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=123085502529919&w=2

("[NTLK] OUCH!!! Strange dates problem" thread from Jan. 2, 2009)

I found that post by doing a "2010 fix" keyword search in the archives. But
if you read through that post, it mentions a method for removal, but it also
says that method resulted in two non-functioning Newts! So freezing the
"fix" and then restarting is not enough to remove it and solve the problem
caused by the fix, it would seem.

Further thoughts?

Many thanks,

James Wages