[NTLK] new hope for all old plastic

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 09:52:05 EST

| Amiga Community Collaborates On Restorative Gel To Brighten Your Ol|
| from the also-addicts-you-to-heroin dept. |
| posted by ScuttleMonkey on Monday March 02, @16:50 (Hardware) |
| http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/02/2036235 |
jamie pointed out an Amiga community that took a discovery of how to
restore old computer plastic, super-charged it, and then [0]opened the
process to the public domain. Time to spruce up those old dusty TRS-80s
in the basement. "All of the initial tests were done with a liquid and
we
realized that for large parts this was getting expensive, so the next
stage was to make a paintable 'gel' version that could be brushed onto
larger surfaces. This was tried in Arizona in the sun and the UK under a
UV lamp and was found to be just as effective as the liquid. We have now
released this to the public domain for anyone to use as we can't patent
it and we coined the nickname 'Retr0brite' for it, as it summed up what
we were actually doing with it."

Discuss this story at:
    http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=09/03/02/2036235

Links: