Re: [NTLK] GTD and Omnifocus vs. Newton

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Mar 14 2009 - 13:46:20 EDT

Interesting discussion!

My favorite setups for GTD have been "lightweight" but electronic: Taskpaper on the Mac, and Nitch on the Newton. Both of them don't force you into a particular workflow (they aren't "canonical" GTD); both of them integrate well with other parts of the systems they're in (Nitch looks at your Todos for hard landscape dates; Taskpaper is text! So you could edit it on a Newt, or on a Linux box with vim, or, really, anything else); and both of them are extremely quick, paperlike, and satisfying to use.

But, for me, both simplify things over paper in two ways: they're easier to search; and they simplify weekly reviews because you don't have to copy (by hand) information from one page to another.

(I did once also use a Moleskine for this, and I liked it a lot, but at least the way I implemented it, there was a lot of recopying, and somewhat difficult searching.)

Cheers,
Jon