Re: [NTLK] MessagePad 100

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 21:04:47 EDT

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 8:15 PM, <Reilly001os@aol.com> wrote:
> I don't think it has a caret, IIRC my 110 didn't have a caret either and my
> 130 has a caret but it doesn't act the same as on a 2100.

 I was trying to relax because my right arm is hurting.But looking at my
Gmail I see this thread and decided to see what what happening.

My Prototype Newton (Pre-MessagePad moniker) is sitting in my shelf nearby
so I decide to check this out for myself.

NOS on this beast is NOS 1.0b1.
Opening a note in Notes I tap on the screen and no Caret appears as it would
on a MP2000/2100.
Opening the virtual keyboard no Caret appears.
I tap on the screen now and a Caret appears but it is a vertical line '|'
not the '^' we are accustomed to.

On that shelf is a MP130 also. This of course has NOS 2.0 and I've been
charging it for the last few night.
I do the exact same thing on it.
Opening a note in Notes I tap on the screen and the expected Caret appears
'^'.
With a new note I open the virtual keyboard no Caret appears.
I tap on the screen now and a Caret appears as expected again '^'.

If need be I could go grab a MP110 or MP120 which have NOS 1.2 or possibly
NOS 1.3 installed on it to double check this but I'd suspect that Joe is
correct as this is really a NOS 1.x item regarding the Caret.

I'd better get back to preparing for my research project for my two papers
and final research paper.
I wonder if I will take my Newton MP2100 to the NYC Council Meeting and
Local Community Board Meeting to take notes with.
But it may be over doing it since I will have a Treo 680 to tape record the
meetings (in excess of an hour each), my Nikon D40x DSLR to take photos with
18-200mm lens, and SONY HandyCam to videotape the events with a tripod.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung