Re: [NTLK] Downloading Packages Under Mac Classic

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 04:43:06 EDT

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Anyone have any tricks to solve this problem?  I do have packtype but that is useless since they have to first be downloaded as binary files: packtype does not recognize any of the downloaded files so "fixing" the packages won't work.

Quick question. Do you have Resedit? If so, have you tried changing
the type and creator to the proper codes? (I think it's "pkg" and "pkg
"--with the space) Do they work if you do that? If not, then you are
dealing with yet another issue. But first, we need to know if it is as
simple as these codes. If you need help with this, give a shout out.
BTW, I do have an AppleScript somewhere on one of my older Macs that
can make this change for you. I just have to find it. :-(

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland