Re: [NTLK] PCBman's SER-001?

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 08:57:46 EDT

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Brett Feinblatt <bafein@mac.com> wrote:

> Several years ago, I was considering buying PCBman's SER-001 port
> bypass board, but never got around to it. So now, naturally, the
> connection port seems to be having trouble maintaining a connection,
> and of course the old link to PCBman's site goes nowhere now.
>
> Does anyone know if he's still out there, capable and/or willing to
> create more?

Unfortunately, he is no longer working on Newton-related projects or
selling his products.

> Or, alternately, is there some way a clever guy like myself who's
> made his own circuit boards in the admittedly distant past might get
> hold of info (and parts) on how to make one?

His last post to the list, he mentioned he had found the remaining
boards (other parts still required) to make some SER-001s and was
looking to sell them to someone on the list. You might try contacting
him to see if he ever did:

<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2008-07/0246.html>

NewtonSales.com also sells a version of the board (there was much
controversy over the fact that he ripped off the SER-001 board, but
PCBman eventually gave his de facto permission since he no longer
produces the board) for $85:

<http://newtonsales.com/pcb.htm>

Morgan Aldridge

---