Re: [NTLK] Newton Hardware Development and Newton Knowledge: Updates

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 13:38:23 EDT

I thought the same thing (front light) after the take of backlighting started. What made me think of front lighting was the afterburner kits for the first gameboy advance. That unit was only designed to use ambient light too and the solution that was the best was to front light it. I'm not sure if a similar option could be worked for the Newton, I did an afterburner kit once and it used some sorta film on the display and a hard plastic sheet with the lights at one end. Not sure what the film was, but if you didn't put it on the display before the frontlight unit the lighting would bleach the picture.
Joe Reilly