[NTLK] Gadgeteer interview [WAS: "Re: PDF reader. Also, MobiPocket?"]

From: Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 15:02:09 EDT

~~~ On 2009/05/01 08:45, Tony Kan at tonykan@xtra.co.nz wrote ~~~

> Saw your great interview on the Gadgeteer
> (http://the-gadgeteer.com/2008/12/23/an-interview-with-an-apple-newton-user/)

Nice one Marisa! I admit I was surprised at the estimate of 10 posts a day,
but you put the case for the Newton well. Is it really too much to hope
that someone at Apple saw it and has started thinking?

I liked the precision of your answers in highlighting the features of the
Newt. If I didn't already have my own I'd be buying one now.

I was in an Apple store yesterday and had the complete attention of two of
the guys there. Neither had ever seen one before though one of them had
heard about it, and they loved watching my digitized scribbles turning into
print before their eyes. It makes me nuts to think what the Newt could have
been if it had enjoyed 10, almost 11, years of development and updates.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl