Re: [NTLK] OMP "AAA" cell orientation / adapter?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun May 03 2009 - 12:36:28 EDT

> This is the only battery pack that Frank doesn't have instructions for.

This is because in my humble opinion recelling an OMP pack does not make very much sense. In 99 out
of 100 cases the contacts are in such a poor condition that reliable operation seems unlikely.
Moreover, it's kind of difficult to open and reassemble the pack in a halfway reliable way.
The main reason, though, why I consider rebuilding such a pack too much effort is because it is very
easy to convert a standard alkaline battery holder into something that the Newton will recognize as
a rechargeable pack. This takes only a fraction of the time and has the additional benefit that the
cells can henceforth be replaced in almost no time.

If you are interested in one or more of these battery holders, drop me a line off-list. I have a
couple of new originally sealed ones that I could live without. I could even make rechargeable packs
if I manage to get my hands on AAA size NiCd cells, which due to a EU regulation may no longer be
sold in Germany as of 2009.

Frank