[NTLK] Solio charger and Newton?

From: Russell,Allen <Allen.Russell_at_linde.com>
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 13:22:00 EDT

Scott,

I have the Solio charger (not the Magnesium model). I use it with my
Nokia N800, and it works well, though it does take all day to charge.
It's a good product, well built.

I have not tried it with my Newton, I haven't had the need for it. But
-- the Solio probably will not be ideal. It charges through the solar
panels or using a USB port. USB is only 5 volts, and therefore, the
Solio must run at lower than 5 volts. The Newton needs 7.5 volts (well
7 is actually good enough). Anyway, that means it will only partially
charge the Newton. And, my solio did not come with an adapter that fits
the Newton.

Allen