Re: [NTLK] Newton buying & Selling

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 07:59:10 EDT

Hello,

--- On Mon, 5/4/09, Kevyn Shortell <kshortell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure what the lists take on buying or selling, but
> finding it hard short of ebay direct *shudder* for 2100 things these
> days.

I hear you. It's a jungle out there, and eBay hasn't necessarily gotten better with age. That said, it's about the only game in town (along with this list) in terms of obtaining Newton-related items, apart from a vendor or three (and even they usually sell there).

If you have stuff to sell, you may want to try offering the items up on the list, first (yes, you can offer it here). The best way to do it might be to list the item along with a price you feel comfortable asking, then put "or best offer" after it. That way, you can still accept offers if your asking price is too high.

Do you have any audio dongles among the bits and bobs you're looking to sell? I know of at least one buyer on the list who might be interested. :)

Best,

James Fraser