[NTLK] The Apple Tablet (aka iNewt) saga, part 4,037,862

Larry Yaeger lsynt3 at beanblossom.in.us
Fri Nov 13 12:27:07 EST 2009

At 1:27 PM +0000 11/13/09, Lord Groundhog wrote:
>I suppose most folks already saw this interview with Larry Yaeger?
>
><http://preview.tinyurl.com/y9co9vu>
>
>As many times as we¹ve been disappointed by these reports/rumours, I should
>know better than to feel this surge of hope, but I did.  Why do I keep doing
>this to myself?
>
>**slaps self in the face with a large wet fish**
>
>Ah, that¹s better.  Normal, hopeless service resumed.  What a load of
>cobblers that story is!

Ah yes.  There was a flurry of phone calls and emails yesterday because of the new patent filing, with my name as lead inventor.  But as I told Rik Myslewski, it really is just a collection of the bits not previously granted in a much older patent application (much of which was finally granted in July of this year).  Rik covered the issue fairly well, I thought.  The bogus headline and teaser was his editor's doing, and Rik actually emailed me to bemoan it himself.

If those stories about Apple ordering a bunch of 9" screens are true, there might yet be something of interest coming, but the filing of this patent just isn't terribly informative one way or the other.

- larryy