[NTLK] MP 2100 connection options

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 17:04:26 EST 2009

Jason Boyer wrote:
> Right now it appears a newtontalk member has been kind enough to sell me an
> extra serial dongle.  I'll need to pick up a keyspan usb to mac serial
> dongle, and then the serial cable itself.  Is there anything special about
> the newton cables I see being sold?  I have a box full of old mac stuff that
> I'm sure has a keyboard cable or other in it.

You need the 8 pin Mac serial printer cable, not the 4 pin ADB cable
used for old Mac keyboards and mice.

BTW, did you know that ADB and S-Video cables use the same connectors?
So in a pinch you can use an ADB cable for S-Video until you can buy a
high quality S-Video cable.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney