[NTLK] Newtonknowledge.info

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 00:13:54 EDT

RE: www.newtonknowledge.info

The site looks good. Thanks to everyone who has been contributing. This is a call to anyone who has some instructions/information that they feel are important to submit them either to me via Email or directly to newtonknowledge.info

And to the person that kindly alerted me to the spam on there, thanks. If anyone does notice spam, just let me know. It's too bad that spam has too happened on something I am trying to keep open...

I have a small Newton Knowledge Book coming out in about 1 week. I have decided to charge for it. It will be a few bucks. It is basically "donation ware". I spent some money on books and test Newtons, as well as a lot of time, in order to write up all those instructions and information in that book. Additionally, I want to buy a 15 year lease on the www.newtonknowledge.info domain name so it won't expire like so many other good sites out there.

So to recoupe these costs, the instruction book goes for a small fee.

Who is it for and where do you find it?

It's for anyone interested in the Newton, both new and old. Although, I suspect, old timers won't find much new information in it. But I am sure there will be at least some new stuff for even seasoned Newton users. I didn't cover maps, or bluetooth. For things that are not in there - what I deemed to be things that most people don't use the Newton for - www.newtonknowledge.info would be one good resource to access for that info.

It will be available on Amazon shortly, downloadable as a PDF, and I am trying to get it as a Newton Book. There may be DRM infused in the file.

Thanks,

Ryan