Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 09:32:36 EDT

Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
> I think we've already established why there is no Newton/Apple tablet being released. Too small a market.

Of course, so was the market for the iPod and look where that has led.
Sure there were mp3 players before but they were the analogues of the
current tablet computers. It was Apple's stance of "doing it right" with
the first iPod that resulted in the current iTouch, iPhone, and iPod demand.

Based on all the nay-sayers, then Apple should NEVER have created the
Newton in the first place since the market was too small for it. The
facts that it was never properly supported and the early models had
major problems are what probably kept it from becoming the iPod of its day.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney