Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 17:13:30 EDT

Although I understand your analogy, as Santa Claus I feel I am being
misrepresented here. Perhaps if the elves could make a iTablet out of a
block of wood I could fix you up. But alas, I doubt I shall be delivering
any Newton like wonders this year.

But remember, Christmas ain't here till the fatman eats your cookies!

Santa Matt Howe
Santa01@comcast.net
http://www.santa-matt.info
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Goodwin, Greg P. wrote
<snip>
So cute. I just love how everyone here EVERY YEAR and EVERY APPLE SHOW
starts asking "Will Apple announce a tablet?"

To me it is like the cruel reality of kids waking eagerly to Christmas
waiting for Santa Claus only to have some drunk father say "Shuddup and go
back to bed."

But they believe in Santa. And every time they get told the same thing.

Ladies and gents, "Santa Claus" cancelled the Newton. Santa didn't like the
Newton then, and he won't like the Newton later. Or anything like it.

You know when you can believe in "Santa Claus" again? When he shows up and
gives you gifts. I mean did we wait with baited breath in 1990, 1991, or
1992 before the Newton came out saying "Will Apple release a tablet
computer?" No, it was the whim of Apple to try to make one. And we think
that because that whim happened before that Apple will try that again.

But for now you are better off realizing that Apple is not some jolly Santa
Claus to make our geek fantasies come true. Apple is just some fat guy who
will eat your breakfast and send you back to bed empty and disappointed.
<snip>