Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: Chilton Webb <chilton_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 23:38:15 EDT

Hi Tony!

On Sep 10, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Tony Kan wrote:
> You make some good points: but they underline the fact that tablets
> best serve
> vertical markets, something that was discovered way back in the days
> when the
> first market research was undertaken for the Newton; and Apple is
> looking for
> products that are likely to have greater across-the-board demand.
Well, there's no hard and fast rule that says they have to do what I
tell them. At least, not one I know about.

> Apart from the Newton is there any other OS that has been designed
> from the
> ground up for pen input so that you can avoid the whirlpool-coldroom
> effect?

To be honest, no. I had hopes that the guys at Axiotron would do this,
and it still looks like they might try to augment the Mac OS with
their Quicktouch™ with Synergy™ system, but I have no inside info on
that.

That said, I have a solution I'm putting together (for tablet users,
for this very purpose), but it's more of a Finder replacement than an
actual OS designed from the ground up ;-)

-Chilton