Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 06:13:05 EDT

Hello,

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:

> And all this speculating about a tablet is just a waste of
> time--everybody's time.

Just because Apple won't produce a tablet you and I can buy, that doesn't necessarily mean that some *other* company is precluded from building one that would be good enough to separate you and I from our money. ;)

And who knows: maybe someone on (or at least reading) this list could be working on the tablet you and I want to buy right now, even as we speak. Do I have any evidence this is taking place? No, I do not. But on the other hand, I don't have any evidence this is *not* taking place, either. :)

I understand what you're saying: there's little point in speculating on what Apple will/won't build because that decision rests, ultimately, with the folks at Apple and hinges on what they think will (or will not) sell.

But sir, you never can tell who reads this list. So ideas that get tossed around here that will never, ever, see the light of day in Apple products might still see the light of day somewhere else.

Also, reading/speculating on the list keeps a few of us off the streets and out of mischief, so there's always that. ¬ _¬

Best,

James Fraser