Re: [NTLK] Streamlining Book Making

From: Don Zahniser <dzahniser_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat Sep 12 2009 - 18:18:16 EDT

On 9/12/09, David Neale wrote:

>MacOS X comes with an excellent and, sadly, little known word
>processor, TextEdit. I can handle all sorts of formats, including RTF,
>of course. It's the only word processor I use.

At one point I was looking to make a couple of Newton Books from some
books in the Baen Free Library. I downloaded them in RTF, but it didn't
work out very well. I used WordPerfect 3.5 (the free version) to open
them, then saved them again as RTF using a translator that said
something like 'for older applications'. It was a lot more suitable for
using with Newton Press than the original.

 - Don