[NTLK] [OT]:iPad ebook question

Ken Hagler khagler at orange-road.com
Mon Apr 5 16:18:17 EDT 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Jim Lee wrote:

> According to Apple's website, the built-in "iBook" reader uses the
> open ePub format for books.  I'm just wondering if I can drag my own
> ePub and/or PDF files into iTunes and have them sync with the iPad...

For ePub, yes, more or less. I found that dragging didn't work, but if you launch iTunes 9.1 and choose File->Add to Library you can get your own ePub file into iTunes. From there, just sync to the iPad and the file will show up in iBooks.

--
                              Ken Hagler

|                   http://www.orange-road.com/                   |
|   And tho' we are not now that strength which in old days       |
|   Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are --Tennyson  |