[NTLK] The iPad is great, but...

Tony Douglas tonyisyourpal at netscape.net
Tue Apr 6 19:30:26 EDT 2010

I have to say that MiFi is something you just can't go back from once you've got it. I wrote up using a Huawei E5830 with 3 in the UK a couple of months ago. Since then the Newton has become my email, RSS and lUsenet client of choice (nothing makes you focus on the content of an email better than getting rid of all the HTML and graphics). So at the weekend on a train trip I had the Newton downloading email and a PowerBook digging out some documentation on the web, simultaneously, using MiFi. Fabtastic !

Have to admit I've been surprised that more people haven't thought of simply using the iPad/wifi with mifi to get the same effect as and iPad/3G. But who knows, maybe Apple have something up their sleeves for the 3G side of things. Ho hum.

- Tony