[NTLK] New [Old] Newton Owner

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 10:55:22 EDT 2010

Welcome.

Connecting and installing software and system patches will be your
first challenge.
Serial if you plan to use keyboard or serial printer will require;
serial dongle, SER-001 or dongle killer.
With a serial port get Keyspan USB to serial adapter as appropriate
for your computer and go from there.

Skip serial and go to ethernet (best with Mac).  You will need to get
drivers installed via linear flash card either through requesting a
loaner card or sending yours to someone to have drivers installed.
Install NCX on your mac and install or backup as needed.
ethernet will also allow email (Mail V) and some browsing.  Print by
emailing to self or use LPR driver to print to CUPS printer.

Woody