[NTLK] OT: iPad vs. MS Courier: Sound Off

Steven Goldberg spgoldberg at mac.com
Wed Apr 7 17:55:07 EDT 2010

Hi Ryan,
The almighty clip board is still around. We all have held 'em and used 'em.
They aren't too heavy. They aren't too unwieldy. They are prehistoric!

Well now we have a clip board that rocks! Now we have what Space Travelers
will use. Captain Kirk and Spock would kill for this baby! Doctors making
rounds will use 'em. Estimators in every industry that have to go out in the
field will use 'em. Insurance, Construction, Designers, for example. The
list goes on and on.

Children will interact with them. They will draw on them, read books on
them, create and write on them. They might never pick them up to do all
that!

Artists and photographers will use them ... and folks who want to give a
slide presentation will love to use 'em!

I plan on using mine like I hold a book or magazine, or flat on a table - or
similar surface. And I can't wait for the 3G's to ship!

People bitching that it's too heavy to hold and read don't read for a living
like I do. I often spend time reading heavy textbooks - some illustrated -
some not - and this sucker will be waaaay lighter than they are! In fact
from now on; because the publishers will move to this platform; on those
textbooks will all weigh exactly the same as an iPad! And I will be able to
cut and paste, call up a dictionary, email, geeez - don't you get it?
Best,
Steve