[NTLK] Need a Backlight Update

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:38:50 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/04/08 04:51, Woody Smith at woodysmith at comcast.net wrote ~~~

> In addition to Newton sales, check Frank's site for a link to a German
> company that still makes backlights for the 2100. 'Backlight 4 you' I
> think.
> I believe that any of the newer backlights will last longer than the
> original.  Personally I prefer white.

Luckily I live on the east side of the Atlantic Pond, so Frank was able not
only source but also to install a couple of these for me (and his
workmanship is far better than mine would have been).  The white really is
the business, especially for my aging eyes.

One other thing -- I think I mentioned it long ago, but it's worth saying
again:  I've discovered that viewing the Newton screen through my polarized
sunglasses intensifies the contrast and makes viewing a lot better in
certain lights.  In fact, in certain lights the screen seems to light up
when I'm wearing my shades, and the contrast is so good I can read it
without m reading specs.  Not bad.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant