[NTLK] OT: iPad vs. MS Courier: Sound Off

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:19:25 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/04/09 02:20, Tony Kan at tonykan at xtra.co.nz wrote ~~~

> Still sounds like the Borg to me ;)
>

> [snip]
> You don't have to be paranoid to think they're out to get you...  :-)
> [snip]

And you don't think the Borg are out to get us all?

Personally, I'm undecided about how I think things *will* turn out.  But I'm
concerned about the propensity of certain kinds of people to take anything
and turn it into either a weapon or a means of exploitation.   I'm also
concerned about the priority of so many governments to fund research
including "blue sky" research when they think it'll provide a military or
intelligence advantage, but slash it when they don't see such advantages in
the future.  And many/most of the big multinationals aren't much better.
It's the nature of the beast in more cases than not.  If we don't rein in
our fatal hunger for one-upmanship at any cost we'll need more than
technology to "save the world" -- or even the cheerleader.

Just my opinion.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant