[NTLK] Need a Backlight Update

mkow1234 at aol.com mkow1234 at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 12:38:17 EDT 2010

You have reached the "Pathetic Apple iPad Fanboy and Steve Jobs' Personal Social Media Site",
Please refer all Newton-related matters to the Newtontalk.net website.
Thank you.

Message: 2
ate: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 20:38:50 +0100
rom: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog at gmail.com>
ubject: Re: [NTLK] Need a Backlight Update
o: "newtontalk at newtontalk.net" <newtontalk at newtontalk.net>
essage-ID: <C7E3EF5A.246D3%LordGroundhog at gmail.com>
ontent-Type: text/plain;   charset="ISO-8859-1"
~~~ On 2010/04/08 04:51, Woody Smith at woodysmith at comcast.net wrote ~~~
> In addition to Newton sales, check Frank's site for a link to a German
 company that still makes backlights for the 2100. 'Backlight 4 you' I
 think.
 I believe that any of the newer backlights will last longer than the
 original.  Personally I prefer white.

uckily I live on the east side of the Atlantic Pond, so Frank was able not
nly source but also to install a couple of these for me (and his
orkmanship is far better than mine would have been).  The white really is
he business, especially for my aging eyes.
One other thing -- I think I mentioned it long ago, but it's worth saying
gain:  I've discovered that viewing the Newton screen through my polarized
unglasses intensifies the contrast and makes viewing a lot better in
ertain lights.  In fact, in certain lights the screen seems to light up
hen I'm wearing my shades, and the contrast is so good I can read it
ithout m reading specs.  Not bad.

halom.
hristian
?