[NTLK] OT: iPad vs. MS Courier: Sound Off

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 15:12:29 EDT 2010

I'm of the mindset of "define the future" first.
Are we talking about the immediate (next few months to perhaps 10-20 years from now?) or distant (100 years from now) future?
Honestly, your exposure to the futures listed above will determine your reaction to that future.
A future 20 years from now? Sure, I want that to be somewhere I can live (and die) with minimal stress. A future 100 years from now? What do I care? I'll be long gone before that future gets here! If you have other reasons to be concerned with that future, then that's strictly up to you. Personally, I don't and could care less what that future holds. As long as my life-time is taken care of.
I know that sounds cold and callous, but I have to be honest. I'm on this world for a limited length of time. I don't have any children, don't want any and can't abide by them either. So, my future is *MY* future. I don't have to plan for anyone else other than me and my wife.
Ed
web/gadget guru

By Galactic God in Futurama

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."