[NTLK] OT: iPad vs. MS Courier: Sound Off

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 10:12:45 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/04/09 20:44, Paul Nuernberger at pen at baroncompsys.com wrote ~~~

> I would rather deal with a world full of people like Ed who are up-front
> about it, than a single person who says he knows what is best for (take
> your pick: me, my life, my money, my house, our street, our town, our
> state, our country, our planet, etc.)
>
> The world is in the state it is because far too many people can't keep
> their noses out of other's business, or worry too damn much about things
> they can have absolutely no chance of fixing/changing, or work their
> butts off to give things to people who mostly won't appreciate it
> anyhow.

That's a point of view, but OTOH it supposes that there are only these two
choices.  Dichotomous thinking of this kind is seldom a path to accurately
understanding a situation as complicated as human society and culture.  It's
also a good way to start or maintain hostility between people.

We've already done a cold war.  :-)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant