[NTLK] H1000 Battery Problems

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Thu Apr 22 15:58:26 EDT 2010

Nah, it's an interlock. If used properly, there will always be either the battery pack or the backup battery in place, that way you never, never, never loose any data. Actually, the batteries are for the clock and stuff, all of the data is stored in FLASH were it will be long after your newt is in the landfill. Apple has respect for the customers data.

Contrast this with my Casio E-10 Windows CE box that I got at the Windows CE conference after the Newton was killed off. The E-10 used 2 AAA batteries that gave a useful life of about 45 minutes (!). After that, you had better have plugged it in because it would loose all of your work. Everything. All of your notes, dates, appointments, your girlfriends bra size, everything. I used mine for a couple of days and put it back in its box where it remains to this day.