[NTLK] H1000 Battery Problem

Andy Rawlins andy.rawlins at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 25 06:53:41 EDT 2010

Thanks Sonny, you're exactly right!

I actually discovered this by trial and error before I saw your post - which is a pity as I nearly damaged it in the process.  Anyway, I got the back off but this didn't get me access as I couldn't find how to get the circuit board off - same problem - top right part of the board (looking from the back) was held on by something.

And now to the embarrassing bit - it was batteries after all.  I was originally using a new set of rechargables and changed this for a new set of alkalines.  It turned out that one of the rechargables was faulty and two of the alkalines were not new at all and actually flat.  It all works fine now.  I guess that I might have done something while taking the back off but it was almost certainly a multiple battery failure.  Doh!.

No harm done and I've learned something about by H1000 (which is very nicely built, internally).  It will now be able to come on holiday with me to the US next week :)

Thanks again

Andy