[NTLK] Sound recording problems

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Thu Aug 12 04:09:28 EDT 2010

On Aug 11, 2010, at 03:36 PM, Andy Hill <adhill at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

I recently look the back off to check out the faulty battery tray and
wonder if i could have dislodged something.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should look for.

Andy:

With the back of the Newton facing you, the microphone is near the bottom right corner. It should be somewhat visible under the logic board...perhaps that or its connection got disturbed somehow.

On the eve of the iPad release, as a joke the iFixit folks did a tear-down on an MP 2x00. This might help if the answer isn't readily apparent... http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Apple-Tablet-Teardown/2153/1 .

Good luck!

Thanks,
--Forrest