[NTLK] NCX and synchronizing names

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Fri Aug 27 19:32:09 EDT 2010

On Aug 16, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Simon Bell <simonbell at me.com> wrote:

<snip>

Um, okay, I freely admit that the sync component of NCX is by far the
largest and most error-prone. That being said, it works for the data I
have here at the Newton Research laboratories.

    *******

If only it were that straightforward! I have a feeling there’s going
to be a lot of investigation before I have any answers.

Simon

Simon:
Good news! I was able to successfully implement the Names sync between my Newton MP2100 and my Mac! Well, at least I'm pretty sure it would have been successful...I got the message "mingling names", which didn't appear before (NCX would just crash). I stopped it, as the iSync window appeared and said that "158 of my records would be changed". I wasn't sure if I wanted that to happen, so I stopped it to examine the Names records on the Newton. Previously I had tried to sync with an upgraded MP2000, which is my everyday unit. The 2100 obviously has some different name records, so I'll go through and correct that and try it again this weekend.
I also was unable to locate the Crash Logs for the unsuccessful prior attempts. I looked in the root Library and also in the one found in my user folder...any idea where I could find them? I'll forward them along to you.
Thanks,
--Forrest