[NTLK] I'm new to Newton emate purchased on ebay

Cosmo Kain cosmokain at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 28 04:07:19 EDT 2010

Hi, I need some help, please!

I am a new user to apple newton, I bought one from ebay - I am only young 20 years old - my mother bought me one about 5 years ago because I used them when I was at school and I always wanted one but it died the screen went all weird with broken lines and it froze so we sent it back (I have now discovered after doing research the LCD screen went - too bad i didn't keep it and get it fixed)

Anyway I have now bought a new emate on ebay and I know all the download links are there on Unna.org but simply put I am still learning - i need some help to clarify a few things - i want to download everything that was on the CD version 1 that came with the emate when it was brand new the original cd in the box so I have everything I need - I can't find this cd anywhere on ebay or the internet and I don't know what the original CD that was included with the emate 300 had on it. I have found software updates, but what if i need to reinstall the original newton operating system - i cant find it anywhere on the internet.

I am trying to explain myself as clear as possible, i have a habit of confusing people jumping from one subject to another, sorry.

I believe I need Pre-installed Software Backup folder plus everything else

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.