[NTLK] Thinking of giving it all up

PMichael Rodgers pmiker at copper.net
Wed Dec 1 21:24:06 EST 2010

I used to be able to communicate with the Newton from my PC, an older
Pentium II 400Mhz.  Well, it no longer turns on and the Newton will not
talk to my newer PC with an AMD64 Athlon X2 chip running at 2Ghz.  It's
too fast for the Newton and two slow for newer games. Tsk, tsk.

I agree that it's a great note taker and that MI is a great product.
I'll power it up and look at it again.  I'll also see if I can find a
power supply for the old PC.

Is there any better spreadsheet than Quickfigure?  I have a spreadsheet
I creating for pricing the cost of bread loaves that I bake but I use
aliases in the figures used to determine ingredient costs.  QF does not
like aliases (names for cells other than A2 and the like,  something
like 'Brown Sugar' instead of 'A2').  I also tend to link to contents in
other than the current workbook.  QF might be able to do that, I forget.

I have most of the software I could ever use for it.  Lacking
connectivity to anything else really limits it.  I used to be able to
take notes in meetings, either upload the note to my PC and email it or
just IR it to the secretary's printer and print up copies.  Dial up and
VPN worked back then as well but the net was much slower than.  I'm
still stuck on dialup at home and it's the pits.  I would not subject
the Newton to that.

Thanks for the comments and ideas.
Mike