[NTLK] USB to serial

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 19:11:52 EST 2010

On 12/7/10, Tony Morrow wrote:

>I know a lot of people on this list have used the Keyspan USA-19HS USB
>to Serial adapter in the past and had good results. It has Windows and
>Mac drives, which is nice if you live in a mixed environment. I've
>also heard that an adapter with the Prolific PL2303 chipset is good
>because you get it to work on systems from Windows 98 to Windows 7 (32
>and 64-bit).
>
>-Tony

Prolific has drivers for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X as well.  There's also an
open source driver for the  Prolific PL2303 chipset that I have used.  I
use a 'no-name' USB port converter with a Prolific chipset to connect to
my Newtons, and have successfully tested all of the above drivers.

 - Don

--
Don Zahniser
Powerbook G3 (Pismo), 40GB HD (5200 RPM), 768 MB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11