[NTLK] Font for www.pda-soft.de

Michael Hurley mephit at mac.com
Thu Dec 16 17:58:39 EST 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Tony Kan wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> Yes you are on the right track, it does look better provided that
> font smoothing
> is applied otherwise pixelation makes the italics font harder to read.
>
> I don't mind using serif fonts but others say sans serif fonts are
> better for
> onscreen viewing.  You might be able to overcome this by just using
> a larger
> font size.  Shifting to a san serif font might clash with your
> navigation
> buttons down the side which look fine.  So just raising the font
> size might be
> the most convenient solution.

Just about every readability test I've ever seen says plain, serif
fonts are easiest to read. Perhaps Times New Roman plain in a larger
character weight rather than Times New Roman italic or bold italic?

And the page renders fine for me in Firefox 3.6.13 and Chrome
8.0.552.231 on MacOS X 10.5.8. The background doesn't work properly on
my Android 2.1 HTC Hero's browser, but that seems to be the browser,
not your site. No page I go to with fixed elements and scrolling
elements like the way your site's set up work on it.
--
                                    Auf wiedersehen!
Michael

   "..No."