[NTLK] Article and First Hand reminiscence

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Mon Dec 27 23:58:13 EST 2010

On 2010-December-27, at 12:27 PM, Stephan Weber wrote:

> Shouldn't surprise anyone that I was involved in agile methodologies from
> the beginning and am still most intently interested in collaborative
> creative design.

The second time I met Maurice was at WWDC '94(?) when the 110 was released. I liked hassling Maurice because he was from Calgary, he completely ruined my life by telling me I had to try "New York Super Fudge Chunk". DOH - full points to the Loose Moose from Calgary.

Right after the WWDC I went down to the campus for the Newton programming course given by none other than Mr. Agile - Kent Beck. When you think of it, agile makes complete sense. I figure it came out of Kent teaching too many people using too few computers so you only get one computer for 2 people, with no business meetings since you are away from home, strictly 9-5 since we all want to go back to the hotel and watch bad movies, do a project fast with quick turnaround on development iterations since we have to go onto the next feature of the language.

So extreme programming is how Apple ran programming classes. That's my theory, which is mine.

Andrei