[NTLK] Connection Stopped- No Response

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Feb 3 07:59:55 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Amy Rose-Perkins <mightyamy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Whenever I try to dock my emate I get the same error message: "the
> connection was stopped because there was no response."
> I've installed the Keyspan drivers and changed the network settings
> for the Keypsan to Null Modem, 9600 bps.
> I've tried using NewTen, NCX, NewSync and Escales- nothing seems to
> work.

If either you or the seller had done a full brain-wipe, the eMate's
Dock may be set to the wrong protocol. Having only recently started
using my eMate, I found that I had to run the Teacher Setup package
(in the Setup folder) in order to specify that Dock button should use
"Dock" and not "Classroom Dock", otherwise it'd error out. It's
certainly worth checking.

My best experiences using serial under Mac OS X have been to use NCX.
Remember to check the NCX preferences to set the serial port to use,
if you haven't already.

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com