[NTLK] "Training" the newton's handwriting recognition

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 4 19:14:42 EST 2010

There must be a way to reset it so that it starts learning your handwriting from
scratch...

There was a guest mode in case you wanted someone else to use it without
"corrupting" the recognition engine with information with another person's
handwriting style; but putting it into guest mode is only a workaround.

HTH

Tony

[snip]
The newton I own was previously owned by another person, and I think it
knows his handwriting better than mine, as it frequently thinks I am
writing capital c's, s's, y's, and m's, when I am definitely not. Is the
"Writing Practice" application _the_ program to use to get the newton to
learn my handwriting better? It doesn't seem to be adapting after
repeated manual corrections when writing in notes.
[snip]