[NTLK] Einstein: new version for Snow Leopard released

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sat Feb 6 04:15:24 EST 2010

On 05.02.2010, at 22:16, Frank Gruendel wrote:

>> There is serious doubt though that we could distribute it through iTunes
>
> Would be an interesting experiment to try it, though...

As soon as an emulator can download additional code, they will reject it. They would lose control over what applications can be uploaded. For example, the C64 emulator comes with three or so fixed games. You can't add new games simply by uploading. The author could probably distribute more emulators with different games integrated, but that's that.

Also, Apple does not allow any thing that would give users access to a programming language (the C64 emulator can not run Basic, for example).

So in conclusion, even if we figure out how to distribute the ROM with Einstein, we would still not be able to provide an interface for the upload of packages.

But it is probably still worth a try... .

Matthias