[NTLK] Newton vs. E5830 Blog Up

Tony Douglas tonyisyourpal at netscape.net
Sun Feb 7 01:26:53 EST 2010

Hi Jeremy,

I've just started using Backdrop Plus from Stand Alone as my backdrop, just for a wee change from Avi's Backdrop. Quite liking the additional buttons for applications actually. I've also got Dashboard running, which is great for the gesture input to launch apps too.

The number in the middle at the top is indeed free heap; it's a MessagePad 2000U, so it has 4Mb of memory to play with. I freeze lots of packages that aren't in regular use, and use HeapSaver as well - HeapSaver is claiming to be saving 54.22k of heap at the moment, which is always handy :)

- Tony