[NTLK] Connection Stopped- No Response

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Sun Feb 7 17:19:55 EST 2010

I bought a USB-to-9-pin serial adapter by IOGear from Fry's Electronics...included was a CD with both Mac and Windows drivers. I connected the serial 9-pin cable that comes with the Newton Connection Utilities package to the one end--the other has a standard Mac/Apple serial 8-pin DIN connector that I connect to my MP2100 using the Newton dongle. This particular cable is meant for Newt-to-PC (Windows) connections. I plug it into my Mac and I'm all set.

This is what I use--and I know I tried this setup another Mac running OSX 10.4.11 WITHOUT the drivers--and, nothing. I'm not familiar with the Keyspan cable...perhaps drivers are needed to make it function, as well? Failing that, there is my option...the IOGear cable is about $15--IIRC--and you could buy it online thru Frys.com if there's not a store nearby to you.

Just a thought that might help you get closer to figuring it out.

--Forrest