[NTLK] NSBasic Help Needed

Matej Horvat redjazz_slo at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 14 16:47:33 EST 2010

> Looking for solutions to this problem. I need a general solution
> as the cedilla is not the only character that is a problem. The
> same thing happens with French characters as well.

So, if I understand correctly, you are attempting to transfer text but certain Unicode characters are being annoyingly replaced, right?

You should be able to encode a Unicode character in a string like this:

\uHHHH\u

where HHHH represents a hexadecimal number. For example, "\u0021\u" is the same as "A" because 65 (21 in hexadecimal) represents the uppercase Latin letter A. The cedilla sign would therefore be "\u00e7\u".

On the Mac, do a find & replace each time you are transferring text to or from the Newton.

I hope that works. The "Programming for the Newton Using Windows" book says so.

-Matej Horvat