[NTLK] Flashing a Lucent Wavelan Silver card to upgrade it to Gold

Riccardo Mori rick at newted.org
Mon Feb 15 10:10:53 EST 2010

Help.

I have a Lucent Wavelan Silver WiFi card, which is basically useless to me in its current state. I want to use it in my PowerBook 5300 and in my Newtons to connect to my home network and occasionally to the University library network, but everything is WPA today, and the Silver only does WEP.

I've read on the Web that it's possible to flash this card to upgrade its encryption, rendering it equivalent to a Lucent Gold card. I have found many sites which *talk* about it, but after losing time and patience, I haven't been able to find clear instructions or the resources to do that. I know it can be done with a PC, and I have an XP laptop for the job. Has anyone done this upgrade and can give me a quick tutorial, or point me to a Website with reliable info and resources?

Many thanks in advance!
Rick

The Quillink stream - Follow my writings
<http://quillink.tumblr.com>