[NTLK] MP2000 Screen

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 12:11:31 EST 2010

Congratulations on your first newton.  Despite its condition as long
as everything works you can have a good experience.

You are right the 2x00 series does have three parts to the display
assembly.
Digitizer is the layer that you are talking about.  As far as I know
there has only been one source of replacement since apple discontinued
production.  Calvin Greer offered a digitizer and backlight package
for about $130.  I've used his backllight but was never able to afford
the digitizer.  Most people who need a replacement digitizer due to
failure will buy another 2x00.  Another option is to but a screen
protector........I don't remember names but it could be clear shield.

Replacement backlights are available from several sources, a good
price would be about $35.

check archives for additional info but keep in mind that replacing
display parts requires a complete disassembly of your newton,
Purchasing a 2100 in good condition from JKsalesinc.com might be a
better choice.

Woody