[NTLK] UPDATE - Ethernet Working - Setting Up Mail now :)

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Fri Jan 15 13:39:21 EST 2010

On Friday, January 15, 2010, at 11:19AM, "Timothy Chaten" <tchaten at gmail.com> wrote:
>I followed the advice to manually enter things as it is in my Mac - and it
>worked!!!!
>
>-I would love to have it setup with the automatic DHCP so I could plug an
>ethernet cable into it wherever I go, but I guess if this is the only way I
>can get it hooked up then thats fine - now onto setting up MailV :)
>
>Thanks for the help!

Have you ever used SimpleMail? If so, be sure and install the "Assistant" package...it checks your SimpleMail setup, transfers some of the settings, and deletes what you don't need. MailV works much better for me than SimpleMail did.

Simon Bell has some great docs for MailV...found here:  http://www.homepage.mac.com/simonbell/mailv/MailV/MailVGuide.pdf  .

As for the DHCP not working...now that you have proven that the card works, experiment! I was going to add to be sure to use the "MegaHertz 589D" instead of the 3Com one, if that's how your card is branded. I couldn't get mine to work, it was a MegaHertz and I was trying to use a 3Com modem configuration. Turns out it makes a difference!

Congrats on getting online!

--anasazi4st